You Arrrrgh...


Today I am sharing this treasure hunt inspired card using the Ahoy Matey stamp set from Lawn Fawn.

I started off by cutting a frame from my stash, then using an oval die, I cut a piece that I wanted to turn into sand from the frame.

I used Scattered Straw Distress Ink, all over my piece of card and then watered down some more Scattered Straw on my Waffle Flower Mini Media Mat and splattered it onto the card. I also used some of my Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Watercolours in gold from the Christmas set to add some sparkle splatters to the sand to add a little more depth and definition.

I next turned my attention to the sea and the sky. I ink blended some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with a little Broken China for the sky and some Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon for the sea. Then set all my background to one side whilst I worked on my images.

I stamped all the images with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink as I wanted to use my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers to colour them. I stamped out the tree from Ahoy Matey three times and I also used the Tree from Lawn Fawn's Critters from the Past I coloured these with the Earth Brown Blend and Light Green Blend pens using all the shades within each pen.
 For the characters I used the Bright Pink Blend and the Light Green Blend on the girl's clothes with the Fair Skin Blend on her skin and Light Yellow Blend with a little Tan blend for her hair. I used the True Blue Blend and Ice Grey Blend for the boy's clothing and Ice Grey Shade for his hat and shoe and the Earth Brown Blend for his hair and wooden leg and again his skin was coloured using the Fair Skin Blend.
 The remaining images were coloured using Dark Red Blend, Muted Brown Blend, Aqua Blue Blend, Light Yellow Blend and Ice Grey Blend. I added some white Gelly Roll Pen to the images for highlights and then as I unfortunately do not own the coordinating dies I set about fussy cutting them all which was very easy to do and pretty quite actually!!

When I had done that task my background was ready and so I took a piece of black card from my stash and cut it down to fit on my card base allowing a little border I rounded the corners and then using wet glue, attached the sky piece to the black card, then I placed the sand piece back in and used my bone folder to make sure it was well adhered.

I took the wave stamp from Ahoy Matey and did randomish! waves using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink to show that the darker blue area was supposed to be sea!

I adhered all my images onto my card with wet glue and then I decided to heat emboss my sentiment onto black card using Wow Bright White Super Fine  embossing powder, which I die cut using Create a Smile Useful Banners and I added some foam pads to the this for some dimension.

I hope you like my card for today and feel inspired to try something similar yourself...
Happy Crafting and much love 
Sarah Louise
xXx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter wishes dotty floral

Hey all...

Create Pandamonium