Mother's Day make


This was a recent project that I made especially for my Mum for Mother's Day...
it may look complicated or hard to achieve but it was simple to make and I think it looks amazing. I wish I could take all the credit for this design but I have Sam Calcott to thank and you can follow her tutorial if you follow this link...


The flowers were almost all created by using the free die sets from these magazines...





 

 








I started off by taking a 6x6 inch card blank and my large plain nested circle dies and placed some on top to find which would be the best size and then I took the next from a couple of sizes down and cut them out together to created a wreath shape. I scored my card blank on the front only at 3 inch's to give me an easel style. My next job was to chose some paper from my stash which I would use to mat     and layer onto the front part of the cut out section. Once this was done I  used the smaller of the two        circles from the wreath and I cut out the bottom section whilst it was folded. Once this was done I        took the wreath I  had made and attached it to the front. I also used the same papers to mat and layer        the bottom of the easel.

The next thing was to cut and adhere a piece of acetate into the middle of the wreath which would allow me to place my sentiment with the illusion of it being suspended in mid air, which I think looks pretty cool! I used a shape from my stash of nestable dies and I cut out two of a larger size in the same colour I used for my mats and then in the next size down one in plain cardstock and one from the other mat layer paper I had used by using the two different sizes this enabled me to layer my sentiment. This was taken from an Apple Blossom stamp set called Springtime Sentiments.

I next started to die cut the flower parts and leaves from plain white card and then used Distress Inks to colour them...

Peacock Feathers

Squeezed Lemonade

Picked Raspberry

Dusty Concord

Worn Lipstick

Twisted Citron

Mowed Lawn

I then used a ball tool and a moulding mat and gave them all some shape and dimension and started to assemble my flowers using hot glue. Then I started to attach them to the wreath...I took one of the bird stamps from Hunkdory's For the Love of Stamps magazine issue 2 and coloured it with my Aqua Blue Blend Spectrum Noir Triblend Alcohol Marker and then I popped it up on a strip of acetate. I also die cut the bees from Let's Make Cards Magazine and coloured them with the Light Yellow Blend. Ice Blue Blend and Ice Grey Shade Alcohol Markers.

I used some letter dies to cut out M, U and M in the pink mat colour and the plain white as I wanted to offset them to give a shadow look and I added it to the other shapes I had previously die cut and then I used some foam pads to add extra height as this was going to be my stopper for my easel card. I then thought it would look nice with a bow so I turned, once again, to my magazine freebies...


and used the bow that came free with Die Cutting Essentials Magazine Issue 34.

Lastly I die cut three butterflies and attached these to my card and finished it of with some heart embellishments and some Nuvo Drops to the centres of some of the flowers.

I really hope that you like this and feel inspired to try something similar yourself...

Much love and happy crafting

Sarah Louise
xXx



 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter wishes dotty floral

Hey all...

Create Pandamonium